View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
evab
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino2 View Post
I just bought a 13 week old yorkie/maltese mix. She is 13 weeks and 1.10 ounces. Breeder had her on wet food 3 tiimes daily and dry food just to niblle on. I took her home and have tried everything possible to make her eat the kibbles. Have bought like 4 bags already of high end kibbles and she wont eat it. I have tried mixing the wet food with the kiblle, wetting the kibble to make it softer etc. I even tried just leaving her with the kibbles for a whole day but her sugar level dropped that nught cause she refused to eat that whole day. I later fed her the wet food and she was fine. I am now feeding her wet food 2 times a day and leaving the dry food out for her to nibble and but she wont touch it. Vet says she has her teeth and theres no reason she shouldnt be eating kibbles. Can someone tell me if theres a food out there that is dry kibbles but really soft for puppies that smells like wet food? What should i do, i dont want to keep feeding her wet food but dont want her sugar level to drop from not eating. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, yes I too have found it very difficult to change from one food to another..and have bought many diff types dry food..in an endeavour to get away from wet food...my boy was very fussy for years...until we had our little girl..wow did he change his eating habbits....now he eats his dry food like a good boy,as he doesn't want his new sister to eat his as well as her own! I feed twice a day, it is my preference...morning and lunch and leave small biscuits through evening for nibbles. I like natural bio yoghurt to settle any upset tums...(I also like to cook fresh chicken and veg, as a real treet at least 4 times a week, obviously small pieces) it works for me.....All the best and good luck....perhaps you should treat yourself to another little munchkin

Last edited by evab; 03-02-2010 at 02:38 PM.
evab is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!