View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 06:29 PM   #57
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBabies
Yorkies and Silkies are two different breeds. You may be thinking of silk coats vs. cotton coats, which are the two types of coats a Yorkie can have. If they are both AKC, they should have papers that say what breed of dog they are.

Regarding your other question about mating them with each other, I hope some more knowledgeable breeders can post here and tell you the things you need to watch out for when mating two Yorkies. Its not as easy as just mating two adorable dogs - there are a lot of genetic issues you should screen for and be careful of. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your thoughts, I know there is a lot of things to look out for and I've been reading all I can here to find out more. I love Yorkees. I am a stay @ home mother so I can be here for them when we do get puppies and we have the money incase something happens. I just need to read more about the things that may go wrong. You know I had another dog (Mut) like 12 years ago and she had puppies and I wasn't a bit worried about it. I helped her and they all lived she was a smaller dog and had mated with a chauawa (Spelling there) so they was tiny pups but with these to I'm getting scared, why I don't know. But I told my husband you know when Buffy had her puppies I didn't worry @ all about it I just helped her. But with Tiffy and Teddy I worry. Isn't that silly? Well I'll keep reading more here and see what I can find out. This board is so very much helpful! Hugs, Lee
Attached Images

TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!