View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #15
OwnedByJezebel
YT 1000 Club Member

Regarding keeping her in your hotel room, if you do that, be sure to have a crate to keep her in. Do not let her run loose in the room. When the maid comes to clean it, they can escape in a flash and would be difficult to catch. Especially if you are not there and she got out, she would not be likely to let any stranger chasing her get close enough to her to pick her up and get her back into the room -- she would likely be afraid and trying to run away from them.

Is it too late to get your puppy into puppy classes, to get her used to being around other dogs and people? My pup starts puppy classes next week, but my problem is the opposite of yours. She loves all people and all dogs, she just plays way too rough and needs to learn the proper way to greet, she almost goes into a frenzy.

After her spay (hopefully in 6 weeks, after we figure out what is going on with her baby teeth), I am going to take agility prep classes with her, and if she takes to it, we will go on to beginning agility. Actually, I am sure she will love it. She is so energetic and is a larger, sturdy girl. Even if she never competes and only does agility for fun, she is going to see the training/boarding facility as a place she loves to go to, so if I have to board her, she will be excited to be there and will already know everyone there.

See if there are any classes you can do with her to broaden her world.

ETA: play dates with other pups and doggie day care for a couple of hours might help her, too.

Last edited by OwnedByJezebel; 03-02-2010 at 09:03 AM.
OwnedByJezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!