View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
nino2
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My yorkie puppy wont eat dry food...HELP!!!

I just purchase a yorkie/maltese mix puppy. The breeder would feed them wet food 3 times a day and would leave kibbles for them at all times. When i got my puppy a week and a half ago she said to try to mix the wet food in the dry food to transition her to only dry food but my puppy refused to eat it. She simple licked the top of the food. I have bought about 4 different bags of high end kibbles for puppies and even tried smashing it down and it doesnt work. I have tried wetting the kibble to make it soft and she wont eat it at all. One day i even tried just leaving kibbles out all day and not feeding her the wet food wich is what the petco salesperson told me to do and she didnt eat anything the whole day and i think her sugar went down cause when i got home from work, she was very limp and wabbly so i gave her some sugared water and at night fed her the wet food and she was fine after that. Macy is 13 weeks old and weighs 1 lb 10 ounces. What should i do???? I want her to eat the kibbles. What i am doing now is feedin her wet food in the morning, leaving the kibbles out all day and when i get home i feed her the wet food again. I can tell that she will not touch the kibbles at all during the day. She is thriving on the wet food and i dont want her to get sick again from me forcing the dry kibbles but what can i do???? Someone please help??? I dont want her to be on wet food any longer and shes alredy 13 weeks. My mother in law came over with her puppy and she tried to eat the other puppies kibble but it was O'l Roys puppy food wich is a terrible brand. I also saw my puppy tried one kibble and tried to bite it but that was the end of that. She has good teeth, even the vet told me there is no reason she shouldnt be able to bite down the kibbles. I really think she doesnt like any kibble because its hard. Is there anything out there that is super small and she wont have any trouble breaking once she tries to bite on it or anything that will smell just like the wet food so she can actually try it? Ughhh..... Please HELP!!!!!!!
nino2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!