View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Hello! Yes, Jackson had Lymes disease as well. He came about limping on his left hind leg one day very randomly as he hadn't been active for the previous two days so I didn't know how it happened. We went for a vet visit where they took x-rays of his leg, only to find nothing. So they tested him for Lymes and he came up positive. He was also put on antibiotics for 30 days and 6 hours after medicine... was like a new dog! No limping, he felt sooo much better in general. Lymes can affect their joints and muscles sometimes.

Jackson is outdoors a lot but he was always on tick medicine. In the early summer though he was on Frontline Plus and got almost 10 ticks within a few weeks. So I assume that's where he got infected. The vet said lymes can take months to show up. Once we switched to K9 Advantix, he no longer got ticks. The vet also stated that the ticks sometimes are sooo small, they are impossible to see, even if you are checking.

The vet basically said that even though he came up positive for Lymes doesn't necessarily mean he HAS lymes disease, it simply means at one point in time, he was bit by a tick that was infected with it. If that makes any sense.

But I wouldn't worry about it-- it's very treatable! Any more questions-I'd be happy to try and answer.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!