View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
carissa_
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry very stressful last few days!

These last few days have been unbelievably stressful for me! Saturday I get a phone call from my mom saying Rex threw up 3 times. I was at the mall so I dropped everything and went home. as soon as I walked thru the door I knew something wasn’t right. He had very little energy so I took him to the emergency . They did a million test on him and blood work came back with his LIPA in the 5000 mark! So then I started to crying the dr said I had to leave him over night and he would be put on IV and be monitored all night. So now I have to leave my baby all alone in a place hes not familiar with . I feel SO GUILTY that its my fault because whatever he ate that caused this I wasn’t there to stop him! it was the loneliest night of my life the house was quite and my bed was empty and cold I got no sleep and called the hospital a few time during the night to check up on him. He is home and is doing SO much better running around and playing. I never want to be away from him again!

Could bully sticks do this? I recently received my order from westbrook dog and was so excited to give one to him to chew and he loved it so he was chewing on it for a week then this happened. This is the only thing I have given him that’s new to his diet . or the other possibility is on Friday we had fish and chip and calamari I never gave him any but my mom thinks he found something from our dinner on the floor. the doctor said he was something he ate within the last 24 hours so I think that’s was caused this. i give him meds twice a day for 5 days to help with acid in his tummy.

thank god for insurance! 1100 dollars later Im so relieved my baby is back in my arms there is no amount I wouldn’t spend if it mean he will feel better

Rex so happy to be home!
Attached Thumbnails
very stressful last few days!-so-happy-home.jpg  

Last edited by carissa_; 03-01-2010 at 06:58 PM.
carissa_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!