View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Have you checked with your hotel to see if they allow pets? More and more people travel with their pets nowadays and you might be surprised at the accomodations they may provide.

Rather than have your kids take her out of your sight why don't you try to include them in something with you and her...have your kids give her a treat for doing something instead of you giving it to her.

You may be able to train her to use potty pads at her age but that is something you should think about...some take to it and some don't. My girls will use potty pads and go outside...it does come in handy for travel and bad weather days. Is she crate trained or trained to a puppy pen or x-pen? If so you could easily train her to use pads by keeping her in a confined area and giving her the pads to go on...praise her for using them so she knows it's o.k. to go inside but only on the pads. You can also buy a tray that holds the pad down so it protects your floor...or...you can use the washable potty pads...it's just a matter of preference. However, when I used the washable pads my girls thought my rugs were fair game too so I went back to the paper pads and the tray. We now have a doggie door and fenced yard so I only use pads when we leave and I block the doggie door...or if we stay in a hotel on a trip.

My first Yorkie was totally bonded to me and I loved it...sure, he loved my husband too but only if I wasn't around! Try to include your family in as much as you can with her...mealtime, treats, laying down together at naptime, going for walks...etc...and maybe she will learn to trust and love them too.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!