View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
spiritwings1202
Pixie and Daisy
Donating Member

sounds like a serious case of separation anxiety. I would try having your Mom watch her an hour a day just to separation use to your mom.
My Yorkie Pixie follows me room to room but she also will sit with my husband at night. She cries when I leave as if I were killing her inside and I feel awful.
I am home all day as well except for going to the gym first thing in the morning and sometimes I run errands. I am concerned as well about Pixie bc my husband said that when I went to the store on Sunday she sat by the door and cried. It broke my heart. I have another dog Daisy who is 6 and has had separation anxiety and has gotten better. She just freaks out for the first few minutes that we leave.
I started with Daisy going places for maybe a 1 hr at a time and I hired someone to take her for a walk while I was gone.
That made a big difference. so maybe you could run errands and have your Mom come over and play with her or take her for a walk while you were gone that way when you leave she would have something to look forward to. good luck~
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!