View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieusa View Post
Yorkies shadow you. Most will move from room to room as you move. Usually, even to the bathroom as well. They become very, very attached to their people, but usually not to the extent that if one of the family is gone that they will not eat. Why not have other members of your family feed her instead of you and take her outside? This should help her attach herself to them instead of only to you.

I would have others help in her caretaking so she will be able to feel that she can count on others. She sounds as though she is just a dollbaby and just needs to feel more comfortable around others If you are looking to have your mom dog sit, you may want to intoduce her to your mom and have your mom take care of her now to get used to each other. This way they will not be complete and total strangers when you are on vacation. Is taking your little one on vacation an option?

I am sure that you are just frustrated and would not leave this poor baby outdoors at your mom's while you are gone; they are not suited to be outside all the time. I am not sure of where you live but they can be prey for a lot of animals. I have hawks, buzzards, fox and deer where I live and would not let mine run loose, much less leave outdoors for any length of time by themselves. Just have other members of your family start giving her attention and basic care, she will learn that she has a whole bunch of new humans to serve her.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!