View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
Princess J
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooby View Post
Congrats on your yorkie!

As for the carpet spray, we used Natures Miracle for the pee spots and Woolite Pet + Oxygen for the other messes. It works great, even on big messes and we have white carpet
I found out with a foster dog we had for a lil while that this stuff works the BEST! Nothing else got her to stop pooping in front of the door until I sprayed the area down with the woolite pet + oxygen. It's not very expensive either, petsmart and petco carry it.

My Leilah was kinda cardboard box trained by the breeder and by the time we brought her home we realized we would not be taking her out in the cold for a while. We went back and forth between pads, grass patches, and litter box training. We finally decided to try the litter box with the compressed newspaper pellets. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM! She started using it almost immediately, going into it on her own and peeing the very first day. By day two she had it down packed and we had no accidents. We have had her for two weeks and she's done great. She will sniff around the carpet and get ready to squat occasionally, but we get her in the box real quick and she will do her business. Whatever you do, just be consistent and don't give her room to have accidents. I read somewhere that it's not the puppies fault they had an accident, its our fault! Good luck!

*Some people worry about the pellets because of the pup eating it. At first she would chew on the pieces but I think she realizes now this is the stuff I pee in and its not food. I guess each pup is different.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!