View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyes View Post
I have a question about dog parks. I have never taken any of my dogs to a dog park, mainly because there weren't any close by. Now where we live there are two that are close but I worry about taking Belle there. Not only the fact the she only weighs 6 pounds but also what about dog diseases? Belle has had all her shots but who knows if other dogs have or ane healthy or not? I almost lost my Lab to parvo and I know that at her weight Belle would not survive it. I even hate the thought of boarding her somewhere, my husband gets frustrated as I won't board her so we don't go some places he'd like to go.
I've honestly never had an issue with our local dog park. Jackson usually goes 3x a week in the spring/summer time. They have a small dog section/large dog section. Most people that go are regulars and I have become friendly with most people and their dogs. It does state on the rules that all dogs must have their shots but I guess there's no way to 100% prove it... however, you can tell most owners there take care of their dogs, and follow the rules. I suppose there's no guarantee but I think if you know your park and the people who frequent it, it shouldn't be a big deal. It costs money to enter the dog park here too so I think that kinda hides away any people who don't really care about their dogs. I also see many dogs under 6lbs there. Banditsocks2 has 2 little ones who go all the time and are fine... I saw a 4.5lb yorkie at the park today but he's not very friendly, lol. As for the boarding, those places scare me sometimes too TBH. I would prefer to hire a sitter and come to my house.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!