View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #28
Nico29
YT 500 Club Member

I printed several of these pages out and brought them to the vet today. The technician was so nasty and criticized us extensively for believing things we read on forums and posted on the internet. I politely smiled and realized that I do not want her to ever touch my baby. She was planning on giving the Bordatella that is required for our agility class and I said that I only want the vet to administer it.

When the vet came in I explained that I want to follow Dr. Jean Dodd's schedule. He had all of his puppy shots and she said he isn't required by law for anything else besides the rabies that we gave last Nov. (3 year dose). We asked for a titer to check Parvo and Distemper. She said that if they are negative that we should consider giving the 4 in one shot bc we are attending the agility class. I said no way to the 4 in one. She said that was all they had--Parvo, Distemper, Hepatitis and Parainfluenza in one shot. I refuse to give all of those. My husband and I decided at home that if he is negative in Distemper and Parvo that we will buy single doses and ask the vet to administer them 3 weeks apart. We found this vaccine.
NEOPARŪ CANINE PARVO VACCINE
Is anyone familiar with this? Or does anyone suggest a particular brand from a particular website? Thank you all so much for your time.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!