View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #27
yorkiemama1986
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
That's about what a Yorkie puppy at 12 weeks should weigh to fall within the breed standard. Of course, a lot depends on genetics. How many generations back do you know her lines?

She should be gaining weight weekly. Here's a wonderful growth chart:

Yorkshire Terrier - Yorkie Puppy Growth/Weight Chart - watch us grow

Do make sure Stella gets a bile acids test when she is 5 or 6 months old. All Yorkie puppies should have one done since liver shunts are 36 times more prevalent in this breed than all other breeds combined. Problems with vaccines can be a symptom of a liver issue, but I wouldn't panic. I think the poor baby simply got bombarded with vaccines, but it should be done as a precaution.

Did her parents have bile acids tests before breeding?
I own her momma Laynee. The daddy was owned by my friend. Long story short Laynee had a split heat when i went to California and my friend was a horrible pet-sitter. And her male got to her. It was a very stressful time. I think i posted a million times in November and december asking for advice. She had 4 pups by emergency c-section and i found homes for all and kept my stella girl. Laynee was tested (bile acid) and came back clear but i don't know anything about the male except that she bought him from a breeder in Cameron Texas. Laynee weighs 5 lbs 15 ozs and the daddy weighed 6 lbs 7 ozs
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!