View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
LeahDee
Yorkie Yakker

Default Question - After Bath Issues?

Okay, Maddie has always been a bit hyper after a bath. She will run and carry on and basically just act like she feels good. The last 2-3 times I have bathed her, she has been hyper, but different. She will run and tonight she was digging in her blanket like crazy! She has been running and bouncing around on and off the furniture. She doesn't really act like she's itching or anything but could something be going on? I have recently started using a conditioner on her because she had been scratching some and I thought maybe her skin was dry in this cold wintery weather that we have been having. She has calmed down now. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if she is just playing or if she could be having some kind of reaction?! She's trying to get me to play right now.

Also...how is the best way to clip their claws? When I clip Maddie's they have some sharp edges. Also, how did you break your puppy from biting? I've been very firm with her, telling her no and so on. She especially does it when she gets into her playing or when she is wanting me to play. When she is trying to get me to play she will nip at my hands and feet. She has only bit me once when I didn't think she was playing. l'm getting very frustrated with the nipping. I try just telling her no then ignoring her, but that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?????
LeahDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!