View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #12
Ava Mae
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyHOO View Post
Crate training is definitely the easiest way to house break.... I did this with my girl and she was trained in several months. I too work during the day, from 7:00 to 3:00, and while I'm gone, Harley is crated. I do not see this as being cruel. She's quite comfortable in her crate and the second I get home, she's out for the rest of the evening and now sleeps with us since she's older. If anything, I think I'm protecting her during the day by crating. When I go to work, I know she as well as the rest of my house is safe. Once she gets a little older, I plan on letting her have free roam. But for right now, the crate is her haven and she loves it. Also, puppies sleep A LOT when they're young, so letting them snuggle up in "their" safe place is not a bad thing. Thats JMO, and I know some will disagree, but crating mine is what works for us, and she doesn't miss out on any love because of it.
I'm totally with you. I'm gone 8-3 everyday, and also leave my little one in her crate. Do you leave a pee pad in there with her? What else do you leave in the crate? How old is she?

I felt bad at first, but we both got used to it and she's quite happy in there.

Crate training, imo, is essential. They can't be roaming free 24/7, and it's important to crate train them so they don't get spoiled.
Ava Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!