View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #18
yorkiemama1986
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
Your vet probably started the vaccinations too early which is why they were finished too soon. The problem with starting them too soon is that puppies get antibodies from their mothers from nursing. These antibodies attack and block the effectiveness of vaccinations given too soon after weaning. The puppies should not have gotten their first set of shots until about 9-10 weeks.

If it were me, I would be looking for another vet. Exposing puppies so young to adverse reactions to dangerous vaccines when they aren't that effective anyway, giving rabies at only 12 weeks old, combining rabies with other vaccinations, all go against current protocol recommended by vet schools and other experts. You are lucky your little Stella didn't die today.

Dr. Dodd's protocol has been adopted by the majority of vet schools. I wonder if this vet is even aware of it?

W Jean Dodds Vaccine Protocol VACCINATION PROTOCOLS
Oh god don't scare me like that. Die? Really ? From vaccines? I'm gonna call him again tomorrow and ask him about all of that. Thank you guys for all your input. I didn't know it could all be that serious. I was just worried. Especially with her age and size. To me she is scary small. I've never seen a 12 week pup STILL in the 2 lb range.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!