View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
MotherTrust
No Longer a Member

Post Diary!- Curing my aggressive dog using a brand new method. Please read!

Hello to all!
I wasan't sure which part of the forum to put this in. Maybe a mod can move it into the appropriate section? Thanks.

Here i will share with you the progress of Quinn, a border collie i am looking after with aggressive characteristics. I have lived with dogs all my life and have tried several behavioural techniques to cure them with different outcomes.

A person i met who tells me that he works with animals as his career, believes he has established a method of training the animal to overcome negative problems. He claims he can help any animal with any problem....i remain skeptical. Details of his work will be posted AFTER i have seen evidence that this works.

SESSION 1

I met this guy for the first time today. A very nice man with a kind hearted personality and character. We sat down and talked over a cup of tea about the problems that i was facing. Quinn seemed to be aware of the new presence and although wary, he remained cynical. We talked through what was going to happen in the next few sessions and how this new technique works. It sounds exciting! I was eager to give it a go and so within half an hour, we were interacting with Quinn. I said i wouldn't give many details away but i shall let you know how he believes this method works. By using peace of mind and bringing our levels of thinking down, the dog can then relate to us in the present moment. Through doing this, gradually and with other steps, we can teach the dog to release negative emotions and teach a new behaviour in its place.
The effects, i must admit, are impressive. After an hour of becoming present and then letting go in intervals, Quinn had become alot more relaxed although still keen to raise the attention levels when he felt uncomfortable. When we got present, he would also join us in relaxation....but within a few minutes, he had gotten back up and started pacing warily around the room. I was told that this was ok and that with just half an hour practise or less each day, Quinn would start to get used to becoming present and then i was told, we could move on to the next stage of this method....

Pros: Friendly guy! Effective results seen straight away....
Cons: ....are these results related to the changing of the behaviour? No way of telling.

MotherTrust.
MotherTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!