View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 05:04 AM   #8
rbelland
Luving my babies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplante View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions. I will definitely have her crate available inside a pen in the kitchen and she can come and go in the crate as she pleases. I'll put some pee pads out for her to use and twice a day someone is coming to play, walk her, etc. Don't think for a minute that she will not be well-loved and well-cared for. I know many of you are probably stay-at-home moms and possibly breeders, so it might be hard for you to understand leaving her all day. Believe me, it's going to be very hard for me too. I know there are many owners out there that crate their puppies and they turn out just fine. Once she is older she'll be able to have more space. Also, because she is a small dog I'll probably bring her to work with me a couple times a week. Thanks again and I continue to welcome any other suggestions.

I use the petyard set up when I am not home. It really does work well and they have room for play, potty, food/water, and I have one of those plastic crates in there. I remove the top so it's more like a bed. They love it. They know that is where they go to take a nap.

First time I put them in I put pads on the whole floor, then I gradually take a pad away. Before you know it you will only need one potty pad in there and she will know right where to go.

As far as teaching her to go outside and confusing her with pads. Mine will do both so if I am not here they use the pads. I always take them out before I leave. And take them out when I get home.

Congratulations on your new baby girl!!!! Have you picked a name yet?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!