View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #6
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Love

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to give me your input. I appreciate each and every one of you.

To answer your questions:

Lufla and Celstu1: 
Thanks, yes she gets lots to eat. She is only four lbs but really should weigh about three. She is very tiny and I cannot feel her ribs at all. She LOVES to eat (LOL)-but prefers MY food (LOL). I worry about her joints. She is also verrry picky. She has been known to walk away from even people food if she is not in the mood or it hits her the wrong way :-) She also will eat Cassie’s food and not hers when they are in the same room, because she thinks Cassie’s food is better (LOL) even though I give them the same exact thing and the same amount. My Vet told me to separate them when eating so Cassie can eat her food in peace. (Cassie is my other Yorkie baby.)

Actually, I give them people food made for canines with turkey potatoes and veggies-called Lucky Dog Cuisine. I cook organic chicken and soup and mix it in, then I put a little turkey gravy, per my Vet, along with a little dessicated liver and parmesan cheese for flavor.

Ringo1: For snacks they sometimes get apples, yogurt, cheese, chicken, cottage cheese, etc. They also get lots of supplements to keep them healthy. Bach flowers, homeopathic tinctures for bones and joints and teeth. I take them to a holistic Vet who they see a least once a month. She gives them chiropractic sessions and they have had accupuncture, energy work like Reiki, and on and on, as well as blood tests galore.

My Vet saved Muffins life a few months ago when she was the victim of vaccinosis and almost died. She is an amazing Vet, a miracle worker, really.

Muffin and Cassie have got lots to chew on like, beef tendons, per my Vet. Also Baaa Trachea, which they go wild for and also Texas toothpicks. And yes I do supervise them.

Mom to Hot Rod:
Yes, you are right about that, it is important to be around when they are doing their chewing thing, as I have the unenviable task of confiscating their chew toys when they get too small (LOL).

PS, when Muffin had surgery a couple of weeks ago, what I would have given if I had known about the Softee Cone Collar. She really would have been ever so much more comforable.

So anyway, it’s a mystery to me. I’m very confused because I have never had to deal with this before even though I have been mom to my Yorkie babies for more than 20 years.

One thing I am pretty sure of-I don’t think she is eating these things because she is hungry. I think it’s the curiosity factor. She is VERRRY smart. She is curious about everything. Everything to her is a toy. She watches TV, and understands many English words (so much so, that I actually have to spell things out instead of say things.)

This is why I am asking if there is a way to train them not to eat or play with things off of the floor. Any tips or tricks? Anybody struggle with this issue, given the information I have provided above?

Would love some ideas, tips or tricks, etc. to help keep Muffin safe.

I’m tired of being paranoid all the time everytime I see her sniffing something.

Thanks so much everyone for your time-

All answers welcome,

Shellie, Cassie, and Muffin
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!