Thread: Pancreatitis
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #8
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmurano2004 View Post
Hi everyone,

Last Wednesday morning, Rico didn't get up to eat and seemed very lethargic. After blood tests were done at the vet, the Vet came to the conclusion that Rico has
Pancreatits
. He said that since Rico isn't fed human food, this was most likely cause by the stuffing from one of his toys irritating his digestive system.

Rico spent two nights in the hospital with IV treatment and close monitoring. Right now, Rico is at home and on antibiotics, an antacid, and Rx dog food (I/D wet canned food). I gave him a tiny treat the other day, which made him vomit and resulted in him needing yet another anti-nausea injection at the vet.

He goes for his follow-up this week. The vet said that he may have to stay on this special diet forever. I read that Yorkies are especially prone to this....

Rico is 2 years 8 months, healthy weight (he's a large Yorkie at about 11lbs, but not overweight), active... Has anyone else's baby had Pancreatitis? Any advice, etc? Thanks so much!!!
i do not like hill's id food as my dog relapsed on that food and ended up with severe pancreatitis . I prefer ultra zd to i/d as i/d has pork in it and ultra zd is a hydrolized protein diet. My dog with ibd and pancreatitis has done well on purina ha it is 8% fat
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!