View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Amethyst View Post
I'm not sure how to tell if a dog has a fever or not. I'm assuming that just as humans would, that a dog may feel very warm to touch? Maybe lay around and not be as active as they normally would be?

Thanx again Nancy! Hummm...I assumed that the vet was speaking about a med that she would give my baby to help with passing the stones. I guess I missunderstood, thank you for clearing that up. She did mention that they would be very painful as well. And that I would even notice the dog in pain trying to go potty. As for food, Royal canin, a? Other than lots of water, I will try checking into something else to feed him as well...Thanx Again!
I just know that Royal Canin makes one specific kind for dogs prone to stones, I don't know which other companies make this. Don't get the regular Royal Canin, but the kind for stones. Your vet might instead recommend a food with water mixed in it, if your dog isn't drinking enough water. If you could get him to pee on a pee pad, you might have more luck finding the stone; they are tiny. If you find a stone, it can be tested and sometimes it gives you a better clue on what to do to stop the formation of stones.

I don't know about the fever question, taking the temperature is the only way I know.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 02-25-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!