View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
YorkieD
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Amethyst View Post
Hello Everyone....

I haven't been around to post in awhie. My computer had been down for quit some time and then when I got it up and running, the busy streak kicked in..lol

My neko have been fine up until now. Actually it was last month some time when I thought I noticed red in his urine. But when my husband and son would take him out, they didn't notice a thing. And because I didn't see it but maybe a red spot here and there, once a week or so, I thought maybe I was seeing things. Until a few days ago. Now it is for sure! Atleast once a day, my Neko is urinating nothing but blood and lots of it!! I took him to the vet today and they told me that they would be doing a urinalysis and getting back with me tomorrow with the results. She wants to start him on antibiotics now for the next 10 days. She mentioned possible stones if the antibiotics didn't help in the next few days or so. I didn't realize how expensive it was to go to the vet. Here in MI the charge was $106 just for an office visit, urinalysis and some antibiotics. (Unless I'm just a cheap one, my God!) Anyway, other than the red when going to the potty, he's doing fine. No fever, vomiting or diareah, etc. So hopefully my baby will be just fine! The vet also said that the possibility of stones if untreated could spell surgery..(Lets hope NOT!)
How would you know if a yorkie had a fever? What signs would prompt you to take his temp.?
YorkieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!