View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
Lady Amethyst
Yorkie Yakker

Confused Hummmmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Glad you took him to the vet, blood is a always a very serious sign, and should never be dismissed. I've heard some good things about special diets if he has stones. Stones can be extremely painful, but don't show any symptoms, until they start to move. The price you were charged seems very reasonable. Hopefully it's just a bladder infection, but I didn't think they were very common in males. Has he been nuetered, is he sexually active?
Hi Nancy....

Yes, Neko has been nuetered. He was a rescue from the humane society. We got him in April 2009 and they'd already nuetered him just when we were picking him up. The vet called yesterday and said that Neko's urine checked out just fine. He doesn't have a UTI. She wants me to continue the antibiotics for now and monitor him carefully! She also said that if the bleeding started up again once the antibiotics are gone, I'd have to bring him in for an x-ray to check for stones. I guess that because this is my first time owning a pet and having to deal with vet bills, this is why I feel that it was pretty steep in cost...I wondered....If she gave me meds for a UTI not knowing if this is what the problem was or not, why wouldn't she give me meds for stones just incase also?? She said if there are stones and they get out of control in size, they'd have to operate to remove them. I'm assuming that if they are caught small, they can give meds for them?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!