Thread: Prime lenses?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #15
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
The lens you just ordered is a wonderful lens. I used it for over 20 years, and you definitely will get great depth of field with it. I have a Nikon D300 and several film Nikons. I needed to replace it, so I got the new 50 1.4G, but only because I wanted something that I could use with less light I also recommend the 35 1.8 Nikon lens for a wider angle if you find the 50mm is too tight, but you will love the 50 mm too. I use several zooms, but the primes are great for low light and shallow depth of field,and eventually you will find great uses for both. Enjoy the camera and the lens.
HI!! Cool, a new camera friend! I also have the Sigma 30mm1.4 - and it does have a wider angle - and super fast, but chunkier, by far (has motor in lens, btw). The only reason I have it is bc I started w/ the D40 - and the Nikkor50mm1.8 won't AF on the D40 - so I had to spend the add'l $$$ for the Sigma HSM for the AF (was having some blurred vision, so didn't want to manually focus my 50mm on my D40).

Anyway, once I got my D90 - I can now use my 50mm1.8 . I do still pull out my Sigma though....I go back and forth about selling it, but ahhh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbon View Post
I know - that is a great pic! I keep going back to the one of the two yellow lines on the curving road. It's very soothing, but it makes you wonder what's around the next bend....
I love that pic too. His whole flickr is so inspiring to me bc it makes me feel I can just go around my house and try taking a picture of a pencil .

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!