View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
kplante
Yorkie Talker

Default Crate training and potty training

I'm going to be getting a 4 month old female yorkie and I'm wondering about crate training and potty training. She is currently in a home where her owner is able to be home with her all day and has other Yorkies. I work all day and am gone from the house by 7:45am and don't return until 6pm. I'd like to have her trained to pee outside, but since I work during the day, I'm not sure if that will work. I will have someone come in twice a day while I'm at work to let her out, feed her, walk her and play with her. So basically what I'm asking is should she be kept in her crate during the day while she is alone so that she learns to hold it until she goes outside? Or, should I keep her in an area where her crate is inside a pen and she can have water and food available to her at all times and she can pee on a pad and come and go out of her crate? No matter what, I will want her to be outside trained eventually, so I don't want to confuse her by having 2 different methods of potty training. Any suggestions?
kplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!