View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Default Help, Muffin eating foreign objects. Needed surgery!

Hi all,

I have a problem with Muffin, my little 4lb girl. She is going to be two this May, and I had never noticed this behavior before, of eating foreign objects. My other babies never were interested in ingesting things like wire or glass. They only wanted to eat delicious FOOD. But recently she has taken to eating anything she finds on the floor. Although I am vaccuming now every day, she still manages to hunt around and find stuff she should not be eating. Two weeks ago she had to have emergency surgery because of this new behavior. What could be happening? I follow her around the house and now become paranoid if I even see her sniffing on the floor. Has anyone experienced this proclivity in their on babies? If so, what did you do about it? Is there a way to train them not to do this. Any help would be welcomed. Just this morning I caught her munching on something in my bedroom, which she quickly swallowed when she saw me running over to her. I know the rug was vaccumed but there she was munching on something she got off the floor, I think. I don't know what it was, and she seems fine, but I am still worried. I'm tired of worrying night and day about her eating something from the floor that is non food

Thanks for your advice,
Shellie
Shellie
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!