View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #14
mychico4
Yorkie Talker

Teeth Thanks for your help!!

Thank you all for your advice. I took Tammyb's suggestion and moved her from the bathroom with a babygate to the kitchen with a babygate. She stayed in there with her kennel open and didn't bark one bit all day yesterday. LOL I think she needed more space though I was told once before that may not be a good idea for potty training. She even laid in her kennel most of the time which was open for her to roam. I want her to know this kennel isn't just for discipline. The next thing I have to work on is her barking at me. If you take her out to play she is fine but out of the blue she will bark at me so I put her back in her play area. I tell her to stop and she keeps barking and acts like she is going to bite me. She will continue to bark so I put her in the kennel for 5 minutes then praised her with a treat for being quiet. She hasn't barked since but that was just yesterday.LOL I will look into buying that book I saw on the forum called How to housebreak your dog in 7 days. Right now she cries when we take her to potty outside but as soon as she comes in the house she will potty. I think its because its cold.
mychico4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!