View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #11
Nico29
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHIE View Post
I don't knpw where you went but I went to PetCo when Buddy was 6mos old.
Thinking I was doing the best for him but it was just a waste of money.
There were more large dogs than little one. Sure they were puppies 6 & 7
mos old but a german shepard, lab and other large dogs are just too big
for yorkies and other small breeds. One little boy was there with his
little jack russel and he never came back with his mother for the future
classes.
They really should put large pups together and small pups together.
Glad your not really hurt or your baby but even that should have never
happened at a training class. I would request a refund and go elsewhere.

Similar thing happened to us. We brought him home at 16 weeks so we were too old for "puppy K" and went into basic training. He was 4lbs then and all the dogs were bigger than him even if they were 8 weeks old. The owners laughed and I'm not sure if they thought it was funny or if they just had NO control of their dogs but they'd let them run over and greet all the dogs without asking if it was ok. (I always ask if it's ok to say Hi and he's 8 lbs.) There were goldens, big labs, mixed large breeds and I think one Scottish Terrior. We were told NOT to hold him in our lap bc we were "feeding into" his shaking and not letting him self soothe. My husband and I listened to the trainer and put Chase on the floor. The large dog (60 lbs) next to us (meaning no harm I'm sure) swatted at Chase with his huge paw. I really think he was playing but my husband reacted unbelieveably fast and blocked Chase from being swatted with his hand. Let me tell you...there was a bruise on his hand the following day and I'm sure that he saved Chase from getting hurt. Needless to say...Chase was either in on our laps or on the floor with a GOOD distance between the other large dogs. You are a very good mother and I am so very sorry this happened to you. Do you think that you should take your baby to get checked out by the vet or am I overreacting? Poor thing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!