View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #9
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy-yorkie View Post
We did not approach the other dog. The owner of the other dog approached us. The trainer had not said anything about letting the dogs mingle but I knew I wasn't going to let Maggie mingle with the other dogs as she was the smallest and I had no idea of the temperment of the other dogs. The trainer had put people in certain corners of the room and that was where we were to stay, so I thought. I didn't throw a fit as I thought the other owner was stupid since I was the one bleeding everywhere. Had I known at the time Maggie had gotten hurt I would have thrown a fit. The guy should have kept his dog on his side of the room. In my opinion unless he does other training with his dog he can look for this dog to be the neighborhood terror.
Oh, I know that you did not approach. I was just sharing my story about what happened to me. I was simply saying that people in those classes do NOT listen to trainers. Many people who go to them have no control of their dogs and do not listen to the trainer. A trainer is merely showing people how to train their dogs....clearly this man has not learned anything yet. YES, the trainer did assign to certain places for a reason, but clearly this man did not pay attention...and YES he should have kept his dog away from yours.

BUT...I must say that if that trainer did not talk about how to introduce dogs in the first class, I believe he is not one to go to. People in that class should have been told from DAY ONE how to keep their dogs away from others and how to properly introduce. Letting your dog charge up to another is just wrong...no matter the size. And..yes, the man is doubly stupid given yours is so small.

I say....tell the trainer and then go somewhere else; but ask them how they run their classes first.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!