View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
katy-yorkie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
If class had not started, it is not the fault of the trainer or the class. I have been to many training classes with large and small dogs together.

I once had an issue before a class. I had a foster that was a bit nippy and scared and everyone in the class new it. The trainer took appropriate steps for all; and informed everyone to avoid letting their pups approach others. The night that there was an issue, a woman walked in the room where everyone was gathering and her large bloodhound puppy came charging....now mind you he was on a leash..and she allowed it. Her pup got bit by mine and she threw a hissy fit. Stupid woman had no control of her own pup.

Sounds like a similar situation. It is very hard to know how to handle it. I would say that if you are uncomfortable with how the trainer addressed it after it happened, do not go back. .
We did not approach the other dog. The owner of the other dog approached us. The trainer had not said anything about letting the dogs mingle but I knew I wasn't going to let Maggie mingle with the other dogs as she was the smallest and I had no idea of the temperment of the other dogs. The trainer had put people in certain corners of the room and that was where we were to stay, so I thought. I didn't throw a fit as I thought the other owner was stupid since I was the one bleeding everywhere. Had I known at the time Maggie had gotten hurt I would have thrown a fit. The guy should have kept his dog on his side of the room. In my opinion unless he does other training with his dog he can look for this dog to be the neighborhood terror.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!