View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
Tammyb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mychico4 View Post
Hey TammyB,
I just recently bought a now 10 1/2 week yorkie poodle female that yelps like crazy. I've had her now for about 3 weeks. She is so sweet and quiet when you take her out to play but otherwise she has a fit. I am trying to kennel and potty train her. I previously had a yorkie terrier who was alot easier to train for some reason maybe because he was a boy. And I got him when he was 5 months. I am looking for help also. I have been putting her on our schedule with kennel/potty and she is usually fine during the work day but if I'm off work during my normal work schedule she has a fit if she hears me. And its not a protective yelp its a "get me out of here" yelp. I don't know what to do but it is so annoying. She is starting to bark maybe 30 minutes then stop but it times she will bark forever. But I discipline her by putting her in a different room in her kennel and she will be quiet for the most part. UGHHHHH! Help me!! The first week I had her I only got about 3 hours of sleep. So it is getting a little bit better, I guess....

I really do sympathise! lol I know how it feels so I hope we both get some help here! Also Dex does have a ticking clock in bed with him as someone else suggested the idea. I have wrapped it in a big fluffy sock which he can cuddle up to. I also have the radio on to keep him company, he has one of my old tshirts in bed with him and i've tried a hot water bottle. So far nothing has helped to calm him enough :/ Oh and I have DAP spray which I'm using.

Someone suggested that I ignore him so he becomes less reliant on me. But this feels a bit mean. Has anyone tried this method?
Tammyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!