View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 05:10 AM   #4
Tammyb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Hiya red, thanks for your reply. Sorry perhaps I wasn't being clear, Dexter is not kept in the kitchen all of the time only when I need him to be confined for 15 minutes or so (usually when i am getting my son dressed as he jumps all over us) the rest of the time he is in the house with us!

Its these short periods where he goes nuts! I know that he wants my company but as he is not house trained he can't be with my constantly. Is there are periods when I cant keep an eye on him say when I'm eating dinner with my husband I need to be able to confine him just for a max of half an hour. Also the first week I was at home the whole time Dexter so he had plenty of company. Even now that I am back at work my husband goes home at dinner and is there with Dexter out and about for an hour and a half. Also today he is at doggy daycare at my sisters! Also i don't work on fridays so he also has company then.

I actually work for myself and had planned to bring dexter to work with me but as i would need him to stay in the kitchen at certain points during the day I can't bring him due to his yelping! So he's not left alone for hours on end every day of the week it's just certain points during the day when i need him to entertain himself!

Also again as he is not potty trained I cant have him in my bedroom at night. Hope that makes a bit more sense, sorry if I wasnt clear before!
Tammyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!