View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

hey there....I'm just going to put this out there- you said long term confinement when you're home and then you also work ? He's just a tiny puppy and very young.....He's been taken from all he knows - (littermates and mom) and he is lonely !

He needs to be with you more - not alone in some room for long periods of time....Puppies need activity and interaction .....he's telling you he's unhappy and you can adjust where he is so maybe he feels more comfortable

I never crate trained but there's lots of info here on how to do it - but I'd def rethink how much time he's confined ...personally I couldn't let a puppy cry like this -

I tried a playpen for sleeping in when we got my youngest and she screamed her head off too and yes - they can be LOUD - it took 15 minutes and I caved....She turned into a totally different puppy once she was cuddled next to me and she slept all night - all she wanted was human interaction

ps ..you could try bringing him in your bedroom at night next to you - that may help him feel more secure rather than being alone in the kitchen

Last edited by red98vett; 02-24-2010 at 04:55 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!