View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
amanda350
No Longer A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranant12 View Post
I agree with the above. AKC does not "guarantee" a quality bred yorkie. Finding a reputable, trustworthy "breeder" guarantee's that you will get quality.

I have seen many AKC registered yorkies that barely resemble a yorkie.

CKC is looked upon negatively simply because they will register a dog based upon pictures and a witness statement. Therefore it is very easy to lie about a dog being purebred and obtain papers on one.

If you know you are a good breeder and you know that you raise quality puppies, don't let comments on here get to you. Everyone has an opinion and when you post in a public forum you have to have thick skin sometimes. Just do what you know to be honest and be true to yourself and the breed.
I'm glad you brought that up about CKC registering with a photo and statement.. I had to register Kallie with CKC since she is AKC so I could register the puppies CKC.. Well I had to send in a copy of her AKC pedigree to prove she was AKC registered before they would register her.. I did and am waiting on her papers. When I called them to find out what to do, I had to call twice cause I got confused the first time and both of them said the same thing..Sending a photo and withness statement was not an option...
amanda350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!