View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #14
ranant12
Senior Yorkie Talker

It seems like you have made up your mind to get this puppy now. I can tell you that I got Diva at 8 weeks old because I really didn't know any better 4 years ago. Diva had to be "hand fed" every single bite of food that she ate when we brought her home at that age. That is literally, "hand fed". She would not eat from a bowl. I had to fed her every little bite of food off of my fingers for the first 4 weeks of her life with us. She did not know how to drink water out of a bowl and I had to sit on the floor and put my fingers in the water and coax her to drink. Bringing her home at 8 weeks consumed my life that summer. It was like having a newborn all over again. If I had not been with her 24/7 those first weeks she would have died. I even bought a baby sling and carried her with me every place that I went. I was blessed to be able to have one of my teenagers watch her for the few minutes that I was able to run to a grocery store.

I hope that you will be able to find someone to watch you puppy for you while you work, otherwise you may very well get your heart broken. Yorkies are not like other dogs. They are extremely fragile little creatures and many have died from not recieving the "constant" care that they require as infants.

I will be praying for you and your puppy.
ranant12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!