View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 08:22 AM   #19
cj125
Mia, Max and Moe's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatNatt View Post
I dont think the dog is in a good sitaution right now. She is my good friends sister so I wanted to be there to help. Like I said I have NEVER taking care of a pup before so my idea was to leave food out and water and have a creat for him and just shut the bathroom door where he would be. You think that would be to much room for him to rome around in? Also what kind of food you think I should leave him???

I could come home for lunch to see him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatNatt View Post
I am just freaking out because I am about to get this little baby and I have never in my life had a dog and I just want to care for it the best I can with me being gone for 9 hours a day 5 days a week. I feel horrible doing that but its only going to be for 3 1/2 months then my hubby will be back from his deployment and then the baby will only be left at home for only 4 hours a day.

Please please ANYONE that can give me advice It is much needed.

Ok - you have been given the information on what to feed this puppy. (Carmen in nj)

You have been told what kind of area to keep you puppy in.

You have acknowledged the fact that you have never owned a dog much less a toy breed. Please LISTEN to what you have been told!

Bringing home a 6 wk old Yorkie is like bringing home a newborn infant! Would you leave a newborn home alone for 9 hrs a day? I hope not!

You won't have to worry about the puppy peeing on the pad if it doesn't eat. It's just that "simple"!

It's not a good idea to take a 6 wk old puppy home and just leave it for 9 hrs a day! You're not going to get someone here to say "it's ok" because it's not. Either take some time off of work so that you can be there or please look into other options.

They need to be kept warm, they need to play with littermates, they need to eat and if they don't - they need to be forced fed! Toy breeds are different than larger breeds so any advice given "in general" doesn't apply.

If the breeder can't take care of these puppies/puppy then perhaps she should look into giving them to a rescue. If you can't allocate the appropriate amount of time to this puppy... then maybe you should consider the same.

And if you don't like what you've been told here, then please feel free to do some research by reading about toys breeds/Yorkshire Terriers. There is plenty of information available - all you have to do is read.

I know you think you're helping by taking this puppy from whatever environment it's in but you really need to know a few more things about taking care of it before you bring it home.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!