View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 AM   #24
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
1/2 tablet is 1mg of prednisolone as each tablet has 2mg of prednisolone. How much does she weigh? DD is on 1/2 every other day and just discussed with ims yesterday about safety of doing daily and she said ideally every other day but maybe doing every day but spreading it out so monday in am tuesday in pm kind of thing and doing 1/4 instead of 1/2 this way adrenals can still function on own on off time but we get it in her again before the flair up as she gets aggitated on off days not too bad but still want no itching if possible - allergies are tough and my fear is always in using steroids as it can trigger the pancreas and dd has high lipase on all blood draws which concerns me - she had high amylase and lipase when on prednisone but she never had pancreas attack but i got her off asap when dex had pancreatitis and learned steroids could affect pancreas
These are 10mg pills, so she is getting 1mg of prednisolone daily.
We had made the decision a couple months ago to go this way long-term because we are no longer talking about a little bit of itching here and there. It is an extreme quality of life issue and it is not fair to Ellie to itch like that. I won't put clothes on her or use an ecollar to stop her. That would just make her more miserable. She is on a very hypoallergenic diet. We've tried Atopica just in case it was environmental. She has had steroid injections, but they only last about 5 days. We are very concerned about starting the Temaril bak up, but at this point I don't know if we have a choice (unless Ellie doesn't start itching again).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!