View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
OwnedByJezebel
YT 1000 Club Member

I use Sentinel. It is a very small pill, given once per month. It covers heartworm, roundworm, hookworm, and whipworm. If your dog comes into contact with fleas, it will not kill the adult flea, but it will prevent any eggs from hatching and control fleas by breaking the flea's life cycle. Control fleas, and you will also control the primary cause of tapeworm.

I've had six toy dogs on Sentinel, and they have all tolerated it very well. I have only had a problem with parasites twice (fleas once and tapeworm once), but in both cases the dogs already had the problem when I adopted them. Once on Sentinel, the fleas cleared up and I have never had any more problems with them. The pup I adopted with tapeworm has been clear ever since the shot given by my vet, and it was the only time I have ever had a dog that had a positive fecal test for any type of worms. Sentinel works well.

You will need a vet's visit to get it. They will have to do a blood test to check for heartworm before they will sell it to you or give you a prescription for it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!