View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #13
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienkie View Post
Thanks Ladyjane i will try this and see what she does. Do you think i should stop with the mixed food/chicken and just feed her the kibbles as is? She does'nt eat unless there is something nice mixed in though. I would so like her to get use to just the kibbles as it is contains all the nutrition that she needs for her health and coat and it will be much better on the teeth as well.
She does not eat because you give her what she wants. I have successfully stopped pups from this behavior many times. You just have to hang in and not freak if she does not eat at first! If you pick up the bowl and put it away .. she will get the message. I feed my pups twice/day and they know that is all of the food they will get, so they rarely turn their little noses up.

Once she realizes that is the only food you are going to give her, I am quite sure she will eat it.

Now, of course, you must keep an eye on her for hypoglycemia, but honestly, I have never had a healthy pup get that if they did not eat for a couple of days. I get rescues who sometimes do not eat for a couple of days without any problem. Some of them have lived on table food....and they learn to eat kibble!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!