Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
4doggiemama
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Welcome to YT. I have two that have had LP surgery. One was successful and the other not. My Pommie, Snowboy, had the successful surgery. They pinned both knees. From what I understand pinning is essential. My tiny Yorkie also had surgery on one knee and it wasn't pinned. It is now slips out. I was told by the experts at Kansas State Veterinary Teaching School that they don't like to do surgery unless it slows the dog down. When I adopted Snowboy from a rescue, I immediately knew his knees were bad but I had hoped that he would have a few good years before surgery. His knees only lasted until he was a year old. Cocoa, my little Yorkie, is doing quit well on Cosequin. She doesn't appear to have any pain. K-State doesn't want to do any surgery on her because she has too many other issues. She is a puppy mill survivor and has a genetic disease, EPI. Along with that she has gallstones, and SIBO. She's still happy and I will continue to do what I can for her. There is lots of information here on YT about LP. There's a search button at the top of the page on the right-hand side. ~Joanne~
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!