View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomisra123 View Post
i've heard it from many people that it actually would change their testosterone but you guys have really good points. i wanna keep him as a little boy not manly haha.. so all of you reccommend me getting him neutured?

i got him when he was 4 months old and he turned 1 in november.. is it too late? and i still think its cruell and the personality thing =/
It's not cruel at all; it's something that they will never miss. I think it's much more cruel for them to have the urge for sex, and never be able to express it. As he gets older, he'll have stronger and stronger urges, and he can smell a bitch in heat up to ten miles away, that's got to be agonizing for some dogs, and that's why so many male dogs die from injuries due to car accidents. If you have him neutered, ask the vet to check to make sure all baby teeth have come out, yorkies have a problem losing all their baby teeth, and a double row can cause later problems. Anyway, it's not too late, many people do it at this age, but I wouldn't wait much longer, he may start marking inside.

Join today and remove this ad!