Thread: Losing weight
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by florencelisa View Post
My female yorkie started losing weight after awhile. She was about 16 months when I noticed she was looking boney. Especially if you look down on them and you see the curves near the hip, the shape that most dog charts point out as underweight. I was worried for awhile, but then I saw other pics of yorkies on here that had the same shape. I think some yorkies are just made skinny. She seemed perfect and happy just on the skinnier side.

Well anyway, I started feeding her Innova evo and now she's put a little more weight back on. So in my opinion it could possibly be the diet.

I was worried she might have a worm inside of her eating all her food as to why she isn't gaining weight, but thank god that's not the story.

I could feel her bones too, but now she's back on track. Maybe it's just a phase.
Thanks for replying. I will try the other food...as long as the one little chub (Carly) doesn't get it. The vet said to not let Carly gain any more weight, so it's hard to feed one without giving the other something though. I try to sneak Gracie (the skinny one) fatty things once in awhile, while giving Carly something lean. Anyway, thanks again.
kjcmsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!