View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBug View Post
I see that you can buy Denamarin online- is there a special dosage? Is it pill form? Can you put in food?
It comes in pill and a chewable form. Both are to be given an hour before the morning meal, for best absorbtion. If using the pill, it must not be chewed or broken, affects absorbtion and bioavailability to the dog's system. It's best given with no food, but it says on the package (I think the chewable) may be given with a very small amount if necessary. The pills come in three sizes the one I use is 0-12 pounds. The chewable can be broken in half or quarters, my 11 pound dog took 1/2 tablet. The pills are small and fairly easy to give, the chewables are bigger, my dog took them okay. They get a little more meds in the chewables which are 225mg (small size). The pills are 90 mg. With taking 1/2 chewable tablet (112.5mg), the box lasts longer (2 months as opposed to 1month) but they are a little more expensive on initial purchase but then cheaper in the long run bc they last longer for a smaller dog. Just found the box... up to 6# is 1/4 chew Tab so 1 box would last you 4 months! (Benefit of having small doggy).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!