View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #10
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanm1963 View Post
I dont know why your vet would tell you that a laser spay takes longer to heal, it is actually quite the opposite, there are no stiches, and recoup is much easier, it is much easier for both healing and surgery... I have a excellent vet and she advised me to have the laser spay not to just make the extra money but because it is easier on the puppy and much faster healing..
Also I never needed a collar for her there was really nothing to lick, she healed up in about 2 days.. she never bothered with it!! I did buy a infant onsie and put it on backwards but I didnt even need that.. she was fine
she has barely if any scar.. no stiches.
I HIGHLY recommend the Laser spay, if you google you will see it is a better option.

Over 13 million pets are put to death in our nation's animal shelters each year for lack of homes, That is why responsible pet owners make sure that their pets are not contributing to this serious over-population problem. As much as we may want our children to witness the miracle of birth, the price we pay with unwanted puppies and kittens and the added health risks that we must then subject our pet too far overshadows the benefit. Even if you are able to find homes for the entire litter this means an equal number of kittens or puppies in shelters will lose potential homes. If you keep your pet confined, neutering may seem unnecessary. Just the opposite is true. In fact, there are medical and health advantages for the pet through neutering. Spaying or neutering your young, healthy pet will reduce certain infections and cancers that could occur in later Life.

WHY DO WE USE A SURGICAL LASER INSTEAD OF CONVENTIONAL SURICAL METHODS?

Surgical Lasers have been available in human medicine for serveral decades. Just as in human surgery, the benefits of laser surgery are significant. The use of a laser during surgery controls bleeding better, and reduces post operative swelling and speeds recovery by reducing post operative pain. We wouldn't want anything less for our pets or yours

SPAYING YOUR FEMALE PET
As I stated, it has been a while since Maggies spay and for whatever reason that the vet gave me I chose the traditional way of spay...if I could remember what the reasoning was I would be glad to share that. It is really up the the person as how they want their pet to be treat by their vet. There is not right or wrong.

I am very glad that the suggestion that I gave a you about the onesize worked for you. Again, it's all up to the person who and how they would like for the babies to be treated.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!