View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorkieMomii View Post
We never feed Eva from the table or couch from our food off our plate. Sometimes she has a little plain chicken or some egg(they love egg) but when we give her a little (and i mean little, like 1/4 teaspoon if) of our human food it is always from a standing position in the kitchen by her treat jar or somewhere else where we are practicing tricks. I think it is ok as long as it is not when you are eating. Also I have read that if you can, eat first because the pack leader eats first and it helps the dog be sure who's the leader.

Oh we give Eva a little carrot shred sometimes and tiny bits of cheddar as well as Parmesan.
I agree. You can give tiny bits of people food that are healthy for them. Egg white, carrot bits, cucumber, tomato, TINY bits of cheese (I mean tiny!) Nothing with a lot of salt or fat, no hotdog, burger, steak, bologna, etc. esp if your pup has pancreatitis that is BAD news!

They can eat it as a treat or during training, but don't let them get in the habit of expecting something everytime YOU are eating. They will start begging by the table every time, and it's REALLY hard to say no to those big brown eyes!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!