Thread: Training Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004, 04:14 AM   #12
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

We actually started Toto from day one with weewee pads and it has worked out great!! We use the "praise & reward" system and it has worked beautifully. My entire life I always thought you scolded but found when doing my research on this subject that if you scold they just think you don't like "seeing" them do it so they go someplace else when you're not looking [this explains so much about pets I have had in the past]!! We simply placed her on the pad [after naps, eating, etc.] and each time she went we would tell her what a "Good Girl" she was and give her a small piece of Honeycomb Cereal [recommended by our vet as a treat]. She quickly got the hang of it and now if noone sees her go on her pad ... she seeks us out ... sits down and gives a little yip and shows us she was a "Good Girl" and gets her treat!! We order the Simple Solutions pads online from PetSmart [$15.99 for 56] and it is wonderful!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!