View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #9
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seschna View Post
The shelter got him b/c a puppy mill breeder called and said she couldnt handle all her dogs. supposedly he was used as a stud there. The vet didnt seem to worried b/c his bowel movements are normal. He loves to eat. I did switch him over fast. I don't know what he was on before i got him. The eukanuba has chicken and stuff in it, but the new food i got has salmon and rice and oatmeal in it for sensitive systems supposedly. I did switch him straight over with no mixture, so maybe i should try slowly, but i didnt think it was a big deal bc he's only been on eukanuba for a week b4 the change. (i was worried he was allergic to it) Also i tried the mashing of food and he still threw it up in the middle of eating his meal. weirdest thing i've ever seen. He seems so happy otherwise, playing and running around, so i dont know how he could be stressed...?? I'll look up the IBD thing and ask the vet when i go next week.
Colitis in Dogs

Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Dogs

with stress colitis usually diarrhea first then the entire intestinal tract gets inflamed if severe enough and then they vomit but they usually have diarrhea

with ibd in small intestines vomitting and large intestines diarrhea so since no diarrhea i would bet it is small intestinal inflammatory bowel disease

did you soak the food? Soaking helps it glide down the tract better. Salmon is a rich protein he may not be able to handle that as my ibd dog was on salmon and white potato when he started vomitting and i attributed it to white potato but could be combo.

Do not switch yet try soaking it and see how he does if soaking it does not work then i would mix in some natural balance venison and sweet potato as that is a limited ingredient food for dogs with allergies and sensitive digestive upset.

I just think if stress colitis you would have diarhea going on and if food change usually diarrhea happens as well since no diarrhea i am really leaning to ibd in small intestines like my dog has if they get inflamed up comes the food whole

with ibd feeding 3-4 meals a day helps to in easing digestion and do not let him run around after eating so try to keep him calm if you can to not upset his tummy
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!