Thread: Animal Testing
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #8
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddiesMommie View Post
What can I do? How can we make a difference?

I was doing a quick search of products on caringconsumer.org and was overwhelmed by all the comapanies who participate in animal testing.
It is overwhelming, I know, I'm with you. In my humble opinion, I really think so many things can help (when it comes to Animal Protection): whether it's learning, discussing, spreading awareness, volunteering, fostering, donating money, buying products (when you can) that are cruelty free. Maybe you just do one thing, maybe a few - they all add up .

One organization I support and really like in this area is the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (the "PCRM", headed by Dr. Neal Barnard). You can sign up for their "action alerts", which are helpful.

Some others:

The Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association (HSVMA)

The National Anti-Vivisection Society

HSUS (then click "Animal Experimentation")

PETA - Animal Testing

The Jane Goodall Institute (LOVE HER )

Hmmmm...I could list so many...anyway, those are a few that I support in terms of the research sector...are you also looking for suggestions of organizations in other sectors too (should we start a thread for that?), like direct care orgs., as in Best Friends Animal Society, Noah's Wish etc?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!