View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
AddieandMiaMom
YT Addict

Default Need Advice-Possible New Yorkie

My husband, Addie, Mia and I went to visit a yorkie at our local humane society last night (Amanda). Amanda is 7 years old (Addie and Mia will be 2 years in April), probably came from a puppy mill or backyard breeder situation, is timid, but "bossy" as the humane society put it. I'm worried that if we adopt Amanda, her older years will cause some friction as Addie is the alpha at home. Amanda did growl at Addie, but once Addie was off leash that quieted down. I know they have to work things out, as did Addie and Mia when I first brought Mia home.

I feel I'm not explaining it right. I (and DH) want to adopt Amanda, but I'm really worried that Addie and Mia won't feel so loved. Amanda is going to take up a lot of time, she's not the least bit housetrained and still a bit timid, although she was fine with the shelter folks, so I'm guessing once she knows you, you're okay in her book. She did seem to like hubby a bit more than me, which I think is a good thing since Addie and Mia both require my attention more than they require his.

Any thoughts?
AddieandMiaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!