View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
dwerten
BANNED!

stick to the purine en as my pancreatitis dog is doing well on purina ha and he has dry skin but i will take that over pancreatitis any day you have trade offs with sick dogs and this is one disease i would not take a chance with as it can lead to diabetes or epi and those are huge issues so if a dog gets pancreatitis over and over it is not good and sounds like yours has I would not mess with the diet for dry skin and i would not supplement with fatty acids either due to pancreas issue. Stick to what works or you may end up with more vet bills and health issues

I would not risk the raw food but you can join some Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities on nutrition as there are a few on there i am on to learn more but i think it is risky and seeing how sick my dog was i would never risk it for a better quality food as it was touch and go for a year and this was our last resort before scoping intestines to confirm ibd was cause of pancreas issues and i did not want him on long term meds so we are good with just the diet now.

Chicken is not a good thing long term in ibd dogs as ibd is tied to allergies and many allergy dogs and ibd dogs cannot tolerate chicken long term so this could have been the issue with continued flair ups so i suspect your dog has ibd as well as pancreatitis and it sounds like small intestines since vomitting.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!